Bloomsbury India Company Law Manual The Companies Act 2013 with Rules and Ready Referencer Fourth Edition Set of two Volumes by S K Kataria
About the Book
This Company Law Manual containing the Companies Act, 2013 with Rules & Ready Referencer facilitates an integrated study of the Act, Rules, Forms &eForms, Fees & Compliances making this a complete Statutory resource on Company Law which is indispensable and sine qua non for Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Directors, Key Managerial Personnel (KMPs), Cost Accountants, Lawyers, Libraries, Bench & Bar, Law & Commerce Colleges, Students and Academicians. A brief synopsis of this Manual is provided below.
The Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013)
• The Companies Act, 2013 [As amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019, with the Sections of the Act cross-referenced to respective Rules and updated Exemption Notifications, for various Types of Companies [Updated till 15th April, 2019].
• Schedules to the Companies Act, 2013.
• Part IX A of the Companies Act, 1956: Producer Companies, pursuant to section 465(1) of the Companies Act, 2013.
Notified Companies Rules and lists of Forms
Updated text as notified by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in the gazette from time to time.
Text of important Notifications, Circulars and Orders
• Exemption Notifications for
- Private Companies,
- Government Companies,
- Nidhis, and
- IFSCs in SEZs.
• MCA Circulars and Orders.
Forms Referencer • Scheme of the Companies Act, 2013 vis-a-vis the Companies Act, 1956 • Comparative mapping of e-Forms prescribed under Companies Act, 2013 & e-Forms under Companies Act, 1956 • List of Company e-Forms on MCA21 or the MCA official website • Steps for Regn/Incorp of Cos., MCA Services, ROC & RD addresses and NCLT, NCLAT & related website(s) referencer for e-filings, Fees, e-Stamp Duty, compliances & continuing updating • State wise stamp duty rules/rates for e-Forms • List of Matters requiring Ordinary Resolutions • List of Matters requiring Special Resolutions • NCLT Benches, Location, Addresses & Jurisdiction • NCLAT Checklist for Appeals under Companies Act, 2013 & The Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 • Comparative Table of provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 vis-a-vis the Companies Act, 1956
About the author
CA. S.K. Kataria, B.Com., LL.B., F.C.A.,a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI), is practicing Chartered Accountant, Independent Director, Audit Committee Chairman/Member Nomination and Remuneration Committees (NRC) and Stakeholders Relationship Committees on the Boards of Listed Companies.
He is a prolific, prominent, well-known and renowned Author of prestigious, celebrated and recognised Law Books, Commentaries, Masterworks, Manuals, Ready Referencers& Law Journals with over 35 Years’ Experience & Expertise in Company Law, Accounting & Auditing Practices, Secretarial Practices, Corporate & Economic Legislations, LLP & Partnership Laws, Direct Taxes Law & Practice, Tax Jurisprudence, Tax Planning, Tax Management, GST & Indirect Tax Laws, Banking Law & Practice, RERA, Property Laws, Deeds & Documents, Drafting & Conveyancing, etc.
He has Authored, Revised & Edited several leading, popular, prominent and voluminous Law Books, Manuals, Commentaries & Masterworks during a span of over three decades. His major works, inter alia, include the following:
1. CA. S.K. Kataria – Company Law Manual containing the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019 (22 of 2019), Companies Rules, Forms, Procedures, Circulars, Clarifications, Notifications, Legislative Intent, Statement of Objects & Reasons (SOR), Notes on Clauses, Ready Referencer of eForms, eFilings, Fees, MCA & Official Websites etc. for Compliances [1st-4th Editions 2017-2020 published by Bloomsbury].
2. Datta on the Company Law with Accounting & Auditing Practices by Kamal Gupta –Revised by CA. S.K. Kataria [4th-6th Editions 1986-2008 in 7 Volumes published by Orient Law House, Wadhwa Nagpur, LexisNexis].
3. Decoding the Companies Act, 2013 App – Section-wise Comparative Analysis of the Companies Act 2013 (18 of 2013) vis-a-vis the Companies Act 1956 (1 of 1956)[Document/App – Edited & Vetted by CA. S.K. Kataria for Haribhakti& Co., Chartered Accountants, Mumbai & Desai Haribhakti Consultants (dhc), Mumbai].
4. Tannan’s Banking Law & Practice in India& Banker’s Manual – Revised by CA. S.K. Kataria [18th Edition 1989-24th Edition 2011 (Paperback & Hardbound) published by Orient Law House, Wadhwa Nagpur, LexisNexis].
5. Divekar’s Practical Guide to Deeds & Documents with Drafting, Conveyancing Pleadings, Model Deeds, eStamping, Registrations – Revised by CA. S.K. Kataria [10th 12th Edn. 2019 in 2 & 4 Vols. by Hind Law House & Thomson Reuters].
6. Datta on the Income-tax Law, First & Second Editions.
7. Ranina’s Business and Corporate Taxation, Second & Third Editions.
8. Taraporevala’s Law of Central Excise & Customs, Third Edition.
9. Former Editor Supreme Court Journal (SCJ)& many more Law Books.
With his learning, knowledge and experience the Author has Revised & Updated this Company Law Manual, Fourth Edition 2020 making it an Authentic, Authoritative and complete Statutory Manual & Practical Handbook on Company Law containing Full, Updated & Annotated Texts of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) as amended by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2019 (22 of 2019) with Notes & Comments on the Legislative Intent, Statement of Objects and Reasons (SOR), Notes on Clauses, Cross References of Prescribed Companies Rules, Procedures, Forms, eForms, eFilings, Fees, MCA Circulars, Clarifications, Notifications, Exemption Notifications & Orders under each Section with Full & Updated Texts of Companies Rules, MCA Circulars, Exemption Notifications & Ready Referencer of Sections, Rules, Forms, eForms, eFilings, Fees, ePayment of Fees, eStamp Duty, MCA Services, Download Company eForms, Recent Versions with Instructions kits, Steps, Checklists, Ease of Doing Business (EoDB) with Official Website(s) & Portals of the Government of India, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) https://www.mca.gov.in, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), the Indian Accounting Standards (Ind AS), Secretarial Standards (SS) & Related SEBI Regulations, I&BC & Allied Laws Referenced in the Companies Act with Full & Updated Texts or Weblinks for Recent Versions, Continuing Updating and Meticulous Compliances &eCompliances.
Several immensely useful, practice and compliance oriented features of this Company Law Manual, 4th Edition 2020 facilitate an integrated study of substantive law in Sections of the Companies Act and a plethora of Prescribed Companies Rules, Procedures, Forms, eForms, eFilings, Fees, Compliances, Ready Referencer, Official Websites, etc., making this Statutory Manual an indispensable Practical Guide & Statutory Handbook of day to day Reference for the busy, esteemed and learned readers of this highly specialised and everchanging branch of Company Law, the Company Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), Key Managerial Personnel (KMPs), Managing Directors, Executive Directors, Independent Directors, Companies, Cost Accountants, Practitioners, Solicitors, Lawyers, Advocates, Law & Commerce Colleges, Students and Academicians, Libraries, Courts, Tribunals, the Bench & the Bar.